Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Stuck

So I've been working on my new book for a while now. I really can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but if I did it was quite a long time ago so you'll forgive me for briefly going over it again.

I've always wanted to write about a war from two different sides. First half of the book takes you through events from one side, then for the second half the perspective changes and you see events over again from the opposition. Who you thought were evil might not be quite so etc etc.

Anyway, I've reached a bit of an impasse. Things are not following quite as well as they might(/at all) and I really don't know at the moment how(/if) it's all going to come together in the end.

To summarise, I'm stuck.

So the question is, do I continue to hack away at it, desperately hoping that eventually I'll come across literary gold, or do I abandon it for the time being and come back fresh at a later date.

Of course abandoning it would create a new problem: what the hell do I write next? I have a notebook (yes, an actual book with paper in!) with some ideas scribbled on but none are particularly fantastic, and at worse cover stuff I've already written about elsewhere.

So there we have it. Deciding between two options, none of which are really that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment